Do you ever end up with small quantities of leftover ingredients from recipes earlier in the week? What do you do with yours? This recipe was a “clean out the fridge” attempt after chicken tortilla soup, and it was amazingly successful! The flavors are very buffalo, but with a southwestern twist. It’s filling and flavorful, but not heavy and overpowering. Give this version of Southwestern Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash a try!
What’s In It
- 1 Spaghetti Squash - small to medium sized
- 2 Chicken Breasts - cooked & shredded
- Corn - 1/3 cup
- Mild Green Chiles - 1/4 cup
- Green Onions - 3, diced
- Mozzarella Cheese - 1/3 cup, shredded
- Ranch Dressing - 1/4 cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - for drizzling
- Garlic Powder - for seasoning
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt - for seasoning
- Black Pepper - for seasoning
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking dish with foil or coat with cooking spray. Season the chicken breasts to your taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Coat with olive oil and rub into both sides. Cook for 27 minutes or until juices run clear. Set aside to cool and save any pan drippings in a small bowl for later.
2. Increase your oven to 400 degrees. Cut the spaghetti squash in half (length-wise.) Scoop out the seeds and discard. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Rub inside the squash. Cook face up for 40-60 minutes depending on the size. You want the squash flesh to be tender enough to shred with a fork. Do not throw away the shells after shredding. Set squash strings in a large bowl. Keep oven temp at 400 degrees.
3. Shred chicken with fork then mix in pan drippings, corn, green chiles, green onions, buffalo sauce and half the cheese in the spaghetti squash mixing bowl. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
4. Divide chicken and squash mixture evenly back into the shells. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and drizzle a little ranch across the top of each.
5. Cook the stuffed shells for another 10-12 minutes to heat everything together and melt the cheese on top.
6. Let the taste celebration begin!
#HealthyEating #Nutrition #Health #Diet #Recipes #Transformation #HealthyLifestyles #Wellness #SelfAwarenessJourney #BalancedLifestyle